28th Anniversary Kids Day - Volunteers
Calling all Kids Day
It's time to sign up for Kids Day 2015. The big day will take place on
Tuesday, March 3. Talk to your team leaders and get ready
for the fun!
Click here to sign up for Kids Day 2015!
Pre-sales Order Form
Click here to
Schedule and Sales Instructions
- Newspapers may be sold from 6:00 a.m. through 3:00 p.m. Newspapers are $1.00
- Beginning at 5:30 a.m., newspapers and aprons may be obtained from your
chosen distribution site.
- The latest newspapers can be checked out is 2:00 p.m.
- By 3:30 p.m., all money and any unsold newspapers must be returned to the
site where you picked up your papers. (Please do not give your money or papers
to anyone other than an individual at the site where you picked them up).
- A maximum of 100 papers per individual or 500 papers per team may be checked
out at any one time. Feel free to sell more papers! Just return the money
collected from your previous sales and check out additional papers.
- Corners are on a first come - first served basis. If volunteer coverage is
sufficient in a particular area, please move to another area to enhance
coverage. Remember, we’re all united for the same cause, the kids at Valley
- Checks should be payable to: Valley Children’s Hospital. An individual’s
check serves as a receipt. If they should ask for a receipt, please give them a
pre-signed receipt that can be obtained when you check out your papers.
- If a donor tells you to “keep the change”, thank them on behalf of the
children and add it to the money you’ve collected.
2015 Kids Day Ambassadors: The Mendez Family
Read the story of their incredible journey
Sales and Safety Instructions
- Please wear your Kids Day Apron, glow necklace and/or light colored clothing
so you can easily be seen by drivers.
- No papers are to be sold from median islands.
All sales must be made from the sidewalk.
- Sales are permitted from right
hand curbs and corners.
- Please do not step off the curb to sell!
- Do not walk in front of traffic to sell! The normal flow of
traffic must not be interrupted.
- Sales may take place only when the
traffic is stopped.
- Do not reach into cars with money or change in hand, as you run the risk of
having someone try to take it.
- Do not make change for $100 bills. Suggest customers get change from a
nearby bank or convenience store.
- When the light turns green, please remain still. Should prospective
customers try to get your attention, please motion them to “move on.”
- Papers may not be sold on any freeway (i.e., 41 & 99), highway (i.e., Golden
State Blvd.), or the on/off ramps to/from the freeways/highways.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. NO
- Be respectful and courteous to all drivers and fellow volunteers.
- Follow the instructions of safety monitors and your team leader. Team
Leaders--you are responsible for the conduct of your volunteers!
- Volunteers that do not follow safety instructions will be asked to stop
selling Kids Day papers immediately.
Thank you to our proud partners: ABC 30 and The Fresno Bee
Thank you to our 2015 sponsors:
Super Kid Sponsors
Resource Lenders Table
Mountain Casino Wells
Big Kid Sponsors
Ahart Insurance Services
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Delta Health Systems
Med-Trans Pacific Service
Champion for Children's Sponsors
My Kid's Dentist and Orthodontics
NetApp Schneider Electric
Westech Systems, Inc. Wild
Thank you for helping the kids! And, remember…
Site A - Fresno
Site B – Fresno
3131 N. Fresno @ Shields
Site C - Fresno
5544 N. Fresno @ Barstow
Site D - Fresno
E. Nees @ Bond (Near First)
Site E - Fresno
1709 W. Bullard @ West
Site F - Fresno - La Comida Guild
2874 W. Acacia (South of Shaw & Marks)
Site G - CSU Fresno
Administration Bldg. (East side at Maple & Shaw)
Site H - Fresno City College
Office of College Activities, 1101 University
Site I - Fresno North
8420 N. Friant Rd (Friant & Fresno)
Site J - Clovis
1233 5th Street (4th & Russell)
Site K - Coalinga
E. Elm Ave.
Site L - Chowchilla - Tenaya Guild
Small Wonders Preschool
315 Kings Ave.
Site M - Dinuba
Site N - Dos Palos
Dos Palos High
1701 E. Blossom Street
Site O - Firebaugh
Home of BJ &
1402 “R” Street
Site P - Hanford - Kings Guild
Rose – McCarthy School McHugh Hall
1000 N. Harris Street (Florinda & Douty)
Site Q - Kerman
Home of DeEtta
430 S. Third Street
Site R - Kingsburg
1401 Draper Street
Site S - Los Banos
333 7th Street
Site T – Madera – Alegria Guild
800 Madera Ave.
Site U - Mariposa
5108 Hwy 140
Site V - Merced
Wells Fargo -
Yosemite North Shopping Center
3538 "G" Street
Site W - Oakhurst
40061 Hwy 49
Site X - Porterville
Site Y - Reedley
995 N Reed Ave.
Parking Lot “C”
Site Z - Sanger - Sequoia Guild
Sanger Chamber of Commerce
1789 Jensen Ave., Ste. B
Site A A - Selma
Selma High School
3125 Wright Street
Site B B - Tulare
1635 E. Prosperity Ave.
Site C C - Visalia
Wells Fargo Bank
414 W. Main Street
Site W W – Coarsegold
35297 Highway 41