Children’s Hospital Central California won seven ADDY awards – including four Gold, two Silver and Best of Show – at the annual advertising awards ceremony hosted by the Fresno Advertising Federation. Children’s Best of Show and four Gold ADDY awards now qualify for regional and national awards.
Sponsored by the American Advertising Federation, the ADDY Awards are the world’s largest advertising competition. ADDYs are considered the Oscars of the advertising industry, celebrating creative excellence in all forms of media. Local entries were judged by industry professionals out of state. This year’s awards were distributed at the ceremony held Feb. 24 at the Fresno Art Museum.
“This outstanding recognition for our team is very much appreciated,” said Chris Long, Children’s executive director, communications and marketing. “I’m so proud of the work our staff produces throughout the year to showcase the excellence at Children’s Hospital.”
The winning entries produced by Children’s Hospital Central California Communications and Marketing Department included the following:
- Best of Show and Gold: “Growing Well in the Valley: Children’s Hospital 2011 Story Album” showcases the high-quality, specialized pediatric care provided at Children’s and the determination and strength of our young patients through a compilation of patient stories
- Gold: “Children’s Hospital Central California 2010 Annual Report” highlights key accomplishments of the year
- Gold: “A Quick Look,” our corporate brochure outlines major services, centers and partnerships
- Gold: Invitation to the 2011 Harvest Ball, Children’s Hospital’s largest, annual fundraiser
- Silver: Logo for Children’s Hospital Adaptive Sports Program brochure
- Silver: Digitally enhanced photo of Children’s Hospital
Members of our team involved in these projects included: Jeff Sherman, senior designer; Carol Logan, senior designer; Monica Prinzing, senior writer; Shawna Bryant, writer; and Erica Jacobie, traffic coordinator.
Attracting about 60,000 entries each year nationwide, the ADDY awards originated in 1960 and became a three-level national competition in 1968.