Careers @ Children's
Children’s Hospital Central California has one of the best and brightest healthcare teams in the nation. We are the only hospital in Central California to have won the Best Companies to Work For Award. We sit in the heart of one of the most beautiful states in the nation, a short drive from three national parks - Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia. We have more than 2700 employees and still manage to maintain a family-like atmosphere. Our employee satisfaction scores are some of the best you'll see, and we always strive to make this a great place to live, work and build a life. We are also a Magnet Nursing hospital, having achieved the highest nursing benchmark in the country.
Explore this section to learn how you can join a group of amazing people who provide incredible care to kids.
Children's Hospital participates in the E-Verify program run by the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS)
Contact Recruitment Services
(800) 228-2231 or (559) 353-7071
Office hours: 7:30 am – 4:30 pm (PST)
Monday – Friday
(Physicians - see the Physician Career page for contact info)
Please do not send your resume via email unless you have already filled out an application. To be considered for a position at Children’s, an application MUST be submitted. Resumes submitted without an application cannot be properly processed and cannot be considered for a position. Be sure to check our jobs and fill out an application online or in our Recruitment Services department if you wish to be considered for a specific position.
About the Hiring Process
Employment Flow: All current employment opportunities are posted on our website. The process of filling out an electronic application takes about 15 to 20 minutes. Once you complete the electronic application your information will receive an expedited review for minimum qualifications. From there it will be forwarded to the hiring authority for further review. The amount of time it takes from applying for a position through being hired cannot be defined. Application Process: Applications are screened for minimum and preferred qualifications for the position identified by the applicant. Due to the large volume of applicants for some positions, it is very important to identify positions most aligned with your experience, skill and interest.
Initial Applicants- To apply for an open position follow these steps:
- Click on “Open Positions”.
- Select a “Job Type” and click “Search”.
- Once you have found a position of interest, click on the job title for details, description and requirements.
- If you feel you meet the minimum requirements of the position you have selected, you will need an email account before starting the application (if you do not have an email account, you can establish one using hotmail.com, yahoo.com or google.com). Please note that your email address will not be the same as your registration information in your application.
- Click on “Apply”.
- If you are already registered, log-in using your username and password. Be sure to select “I am a current employee” if you currently work for Children’s Hospital. If you have not registered yet, click “Register and Apply”.
- Complete the online application steps which include the following:
- Contact info
- Work History
- Application Questions
- EEOC Questions
- Application Questions
- Review your application and send.
- Your application is finished once your receive the message “You’ve completed your application”.
After your initial application is completed, you may apply at anytime for new open positions by accessing your account through the MyJobFinder link. You are encouraged to continue to visit the Careers @ Children’s page and identify any jobs for which you may quality and have interest. Under the Jobseeker log-in, enter your username and password, which you chose as your registration information. You can log-in from any computer with access to the internet to complete another application, check your application status, update your information or respond to our Recruitment Services Department.
Interview Process - Applicants selected for interview will be notified of the interview appointment by the hiring authority or a recruiter. The hiring authority will make the final selection and an employment offer will be made to the successful candidate.
Eligibility to Work - All successful applicants will be required to provide or undergo the following:
- A background screening: education, certifications, criminal and experience
- Drug screen
- TB skin test
- Pre-employment physical
- Proof of United States citizenship or eligibility or authorization to work in the United States within three (3) days from the date of hire
Children’s Hospital Central California is an equal opportunity employer and as such, gives consideration to all applicants for employment regardless of gender, age, race, color, national origin, religion, veteran status or disability.
Fit Friendly Company
Children’s Hospital Central California was designated as a Fit Friendly Company for a 4th year. The American Heart Association, sponsor of the Start! Program, has designated Children’s Hospital as a gold level Fit Friendly Company. We are thrilled with the recognition and thank you for your continued support of the Children’s wellness programs.
Children's Hospital - Smoke and Tobacco Free
Children’s Hospital took an important step in 2010 as it joined more than 50% of other hospitals nationwide and became Smoke and Tobacco Free. This move is another step in our ongoing commitment to provide a healthy environment for everyone on our campuses.